1. When I wake up in the AM. I roll over, shut off the alarm, and simultaneously push that little mail button, waiting until I hear the "ding" to wake me up again and then I read my emails. Lame!
2. While walking from the parking garage into work. Seriously -- I am going to be in the office in 4 minutes, my Tweets and emails can wait.
3. While eating dinner by myself at home. Maybe I'll try to focus on savoring my food instead of shoving it in my mouth as fast as humanly possible because I waited too long to eat because I was lazy. Is that just me? Surely it's not.
4. When I get bored in a meeting... HAHAHAHAHA sike. That's basically what smartphones were made for, anyway.
5. While I'm on the treadmill. It is a distraction, but there is also a TV, a magazine, and a gajillion other people milling around to distract me. (I've actually started getting into the habit of just leaving my phone at home. I know, how could I? But seriously, I have lived to tell the tale, so it's possible!)
6. When there are other people around. I'm a people watcher by nature, and I should use that opportunity to really utilize my creativity. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who makes up stories about what is going on in random stranger's lives. And, I keep toying with this idea of writing a book... I'm never going to get anywhere if I don't start paying attention to my surroundings and creating overdramatic, entirely untrue plotlines.
7. Sitting in traffic. Mainly because it's against the law, and I have an aversion to breaking rules.
I can't think of any more times that I tool around on my cell phone instead of appreciating my surroundings because I'm really busy checking Twitter, so I'm leaving you with a Top 7 Thursday list, and it's on Friday. I'm all over the place, can you handle it?