Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Confessions: Via Edition

I went out to lunch & dinner yesterday. I try really hard not to do this, but all I had at work for lunch was leftover taco makings but only enough for 1 taco, some red quinoa, and potstickers. I took a vote and it was unanimous - out to lunch I went.

 Then, halfway through the day my friend asked if I wanted to go grab dinner since she had a Groupon that was about to expire. Oh, okay, twist my arm. After I spent an exorbitant amount of money at Hancock Fabric and Michaels, I met her for dinner at VIA (on Pharr Road, across from ATL Fish Market).

We sat outside because it was too nice not to, and we had margaritas. They weren't the best but I mean... they were tequila. Whatever. We ordered 2 appetizers & a pizza and it was a great amount of food for the 2 of us! I really wanted to try figs, and Jackie is like... the least picky eater ever, so we got the fig & prosciutto pizza. YUM. The food was great, the service was ok, but the whole place just seemed really, for lack of a better word, very swanky.


I  hate the word swanky. I think it's stupid, overused, and lame. But really, there's no better word to describe this place. It wasn't chic, it wasn't just cool, unfortunately it was swanky. But I really liked it.

The best part? Well, there's 2. The first one is that the grand total was $6.48, and the second one is that I also have a coupon to use there, so obviously we have to go back. I can't wait!


Thanks for a fun dinner, Jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment