Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day Cleaning Extravaganza

One of the many, many, perks of my not-so-new job is that I get today off. I had big plans for today, and they did not involve sitting in bed until 10:30 reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, nor did they involve moving to my couch and curling up under my leopard print snuggie only to get sucked in by work emails and Gchat. Nope, I had big plans for today. Wanna know what they were? (2nd update at 6pm; 1st update at 1:20pm; original post at 10:30am)
  • Unload dishwasher
  • Put dirty dishes that are in the sink into the dishwasher
  • Take all things that don't belong on kitchen counters and move them to dining room table
  • Sanitize kitchen counters
  • Sanitize nook table
  • Dust living room
  • Dust dining room
  • Vacuum living room, dining room, & kitchen
  • Mop living room & dining room
  • Mop kitchen
  • Take out the trash
  • Take out the recycling
  • Dust bedroom
  • Wash sheets
  • Put away clean clothes
  • Vacuum bedroom floor
  • Clean bathroom counters
  • Mop bathroom floor
  • Cook my mom's chicken and dumplings
  • Bake peanut butter cookies
  • Apply leopard print fingernails
  • Bathe? (this one is debatable)
  • Not fall asleep in my food when I go to dinner at 8:30 (who goes to dinner at 8:30? on a work night? I am a grandma)
  • Get a haircut (these pictures are from a long time ago, when I was a totally different person, and it's funny how something as simple as a haircut can really make a girl run wild!)


Clearly I have big plans for today, and there's only so much I can do in the next 9 hours while also not falling asleep in said food at said way too late dinner. I'm off to probably keep snuggling with my snuggie and quite possibly watching television and staring longingly at the pile of dishes I can see from the couch. Maybe my roommate will come home from work with a housekeeper? In my comfy-couch dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment