Friday, June 27, 2008

home sweet home

Not really ready to go home quite yet. We have a "class party" tonight down by the beach, which will be fun, but many people have already left to go home. We camped out to watch the soccer game last night at a bar across the street from La Mestalla, which is the soccer stadium in Valencia. We ended up with GREAT seats and everybody got to sit together. I can't believe Spain won 3-0. I was interviewed on Spanish TV and predicted they would win 1-0. I'm so glad I'm going to be here on Sunday for the final game -- it should be verrrrrrrry exciting!!!

We are giving out superlatives. I'm intrigued to find out what mine is. A few that I have heard are "most likely to wear her sorority tshirt" and "most likely to outdrink everyone, even the boys." My mom would be so proud.

This has been an experience of a lifetime. It has made me realize how independent & intelligent I am. I am a fully capable human being, and in the world that I live it is very easy to forget that. The USA is full of conveniences; everything is made easier. Europe just isn't like that, not to the extent of the US. I can't wait to get home and walk everywhere. Maybe Greg & I will actually use the bikes that are sitting on his balcony. I've just gotten so used to public transportation and walking everywhere, it will be a weird adjustment. Mom's on the phone now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment