Sunday, June 8, 2008

Heather's birthday


Friday was Heather's birthday; I'm pretty sure everyone else celebrated with her extensively! We started out with a day at the beach while the Biology kids took their midterm (explains why I'm INTA...) Me & Peony came home at like 6pm to 3 out of our 4 other roommates already pretty drunk. They were just relaxing after their hard test... we finally all got ready and arranged and left to eat dinner somehwere around 8pm. We met everyone at the Sueca apartment around 10:30 and continued the pre-party drinking festivities until around midnight. We then traipsed across Valencia (literally) for an hour before coming to a party street that was supposedly "right next to Sueca," which explained why we started the night there. We went into one bar but it was a little too club-ish for us, so we went across the street to my new favorite place that I have only been to once. The bartender was from South America, had lived in the States for 6 years, and then moved to Valencia after traveling around for a while. He passed out free drinks and shots and a GREAT time was had by all!

Needless to say, Saturday, which was supposed to be our beach day, sucked. Erika & I stumbled to the grocery store around 10am to get some eggs to scramble and some chips & salsa to eat, and then spent the better half of a beautiful day alternating between bed and the couches. At least I got through the first 5 episodes of the 1st season of The Tudors!

Today we tried to go to the beach, but it was just ugly out and we froze. I bought some presents for my sister, Rachel, and Sydney at a little row of shops that were near the boardwalk and we figured out the tram system... that was about the extent of our "beach" adventure. Tomorrow is another day!

Our apartment is getting cleaned tomorrow - THANK GOD!! We are not messy people by any means, and I think our apartment is probably really clean considering six girls live there, but I am pretty pumped to have our floors scrubbed and carpets vaccuumed, I'm not even going to lie. It was starting to stink, I think. We have to clean up some tonight so that they can actually do their jobs, but I have no problem with that.

Erika & I are going to go to the grocery store and buy delicious things. We are kind of out of anything except bread, sandwich meat, peanut butter, and noodles. We need things like yogurt, meat, ice cream, etc. It should be exciting, going to the big fancy grocery stores always is. Oh yeah, and I need deodorant because mine ran out. Can't live without that!

It is raining outside right now, or it was when I walked over to the laundromat, but hopeully it has stopped so we don't get soaked on our grocery adventure. It's freakin' cold here, too.

First picture: Heather, Peony, me, Emily, & Brandi out for Heather's birthday
Second picture: Peony & Cat (my two Asian roommates!!)

Time to go get food so we can have dinner tonight, mmm!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment