Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh, college

It's Sunday. I slept in until noon (and by slept I mean alternated between napping, reading, and Tweeting). I justify it though, because I was up at 3:30 in the morning to shuttle one of my darling friends home. His drunk happy smile made it all worth it, I think. I went to 2 parties this weekend. I took a nap yesterday. I drank Dr. Pepper after 2pm. (Caffeine really messes with me, but it was the weekend so what the hell?) And now I'm sitting on my couch where I came to start cleaning my apartment and just kind of... didn't. That was 30 minutes ago.

Guess what I'm not doing today, and didn't do all weekend? Study. For finals. Georgia Tech finals, to be more specific.

I miss college with relative frequency. I had 15 hours of commitment per week that I was required to do. 15! That's it! I could pick and choose when I was committed to those 15 hours, I could make sure I spent those 15 hours with friends, and really... if I didn't want to go, I didn't have to. What about that doesn't scream, "AWESOME!"???

However, for this week, and finals week in May, I am not jealous in any way shape or form. In fact, I will happily rub it in the face of my younger friendlings (friends/siblings) that they are studying and I am not. Because it's awesome. Really, really awesome.


Wanna know what's not awesome? I think I want to go back to school and get an MBA. Balls.

1 comment:

  1. Missing college comes and goes for me, but for whatever reason finals never seemed that bad? Or maybe it's just been so long that I've forgotten, haha.

    ReplyDelete