Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Hair, v.2

I am "naturally" blonde. I go to my hair care godmother Alexandra because I like her to emphasize just how blonde I am "naturally." I've been going to Alexandra for four years now! That is like, totally impossible for me to believe.

She started at Aveda, then she did my hair in her kitchen sink, then her hair styling only cost me $10... now it costs a lot more than $10 but she's in the New Talents department at Van Michael in Buckhead. I love her. We've hung out socially, we talk about our personal lives... she is my hair diva. My friends see her, my friends mom's see her... she's basically the bomb [dot] com. She even fixed my hair when I decided to dye it brown. Don't even ask.... never again. Blame the idiot boy in the picture below for encouraging me and telling me it looked "fine." No offense, brunettes, but it's true, blondes really do have more fun!

A few weeks ago I was feeling cheap. My job sitch is tricky, making my income sitch tricky. I am buying a digital camera. It is football season... I was just being cheap! I went back to the Aveda salon hoping for equally fantastic results. Uh, wrong-o. I have zero beef with Aveda and don't blame them at all, but I mean... it was just no Alexandra. It was really no Great Clips... in fact, I real could have done a better job myself. But, it was hair. It was blonder, I moved on. But now I hate it. Now, I am kicking myself. Alexandra would never have let me have roots like this. Alexandra would have prevented this situation entirely. To refresh your memory, Alexandra = the bomb dot com.

Well, today is the day. Today I am going to visit my hair goddess. I can't wait to see her. She is so popular that I had to book my appointment 2 weeks in advance. You are talking to a girl who does anything for instant gratification. The fact that I waited 2 weeks for Alexandra... I mean, she's that good.


Ignore the fact that I was being a total goob taking a picture to send to my mom of my hair... Doesn't my hair look fabulous and oh so blonde??! Oh Alexandra, I can't WAIT to see you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment