It's the first weekend in October. Fall is (finally) in the air. I looked out my window this evening and there was a tree with orange leaves! On second thought, that might have been spraypainted by the DOT, but either way... they were orange! Just maybe a more neon shade than normal. Either way, it seems like fall has finally graced the south with it's presence. Just a few football games too late. So now what? We must take full advantage of this beautiful weather before it's cold and nasty out! Any plans for the weekend? Today's Top 10 Thursday is my list of the Top 10 things I think YOU should do this weekend to commemorate the arrival of fall! (And some of them, I will be doing too!)
1. Oktoberfest in Helen, GA. You could stay here, which is where I plan to stay, but not until November! I've been to Oktoberfest more than once, and it's ALWAYS a blast. This Saturday is even the Miss Oktoberfest 2010 pageant!
2. Apple picking at HillCrest Orchards. I haven't been here specifically, but a coworker was there a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it!
3. Battle of the Burgers in Virginia-Highlands. I received a ticket (thanks Yelp!) and am going with a good friend. I will take lots of pictures and report back on the best burger!
4. Field of Greens Farm Festival in Covington. If I didn't already have plans on Sunday I totally would have taken @365Atlanta up on the chance to win free tickets. Perhaps you still can?!
5. If you can't make it to Helen... what about Fadoktoberfest right here in Buckhead? $5 discount code: fado5 :) Anyone have some lederhosen I can borrow?
6. Even though I'm not baseball's biggest fan (Football > all other sports), the Braves are in town and I know enough to know that they are vying for a Wild Card spot... or something like that! And Twitter tells me that there are still Standing-Room-Only seats available, whatever that means.
7. Just get out of the house - go for a walk, do some yardwork, pick a project to tackle this weekend!
8. Wine tasting in North Georgia. Or, if you're lazy.. get a group together, wrap some Trader Joe's wines in brown paper bags, and pour. Have everyone try to guess what kind of wine they are drinking!
9. Sleep with the windows open! I wish I could, but the trains that pass by my window on an hourly basis stir up a lot of dust and make a lot of freaking noise.
10. You tell me! What are your plans for this weekend? Will I be seeing you at Battle of the Burgers?!
I love fall & I am SO EXCITED it's here! Boots, sweaters, long sleeves, leaves, fireplaces, cabin weekends, night football games, Halloween, Thanksgiving, family, friends... I love all of it!