Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Garden: Update 3

One growing pepper with 2 of his special friends. They need to grow faster!

More of my little pepper friends. 

Growing pepper, take 2

The cucumbers are trying to escape! I had to move the pot away from the edge - it was right up against the railing. Can't have any infractions against the HOA as a result of runaway cucumbers!

I don't really know what the flowers on the cucumber plants are for. They're just yellow, and they tend to die...

Baby peppers in pepper pot #2

And some potential peppers that will no longer be.

Well, that was supposed to be broccoli

But there are these little worms that got to it. And pardon my French, but those mother crackers really pissed me off. They didn't just eat my broccoli & cabbage leaves, they TERRORIZED them.

Yeah, they look real cute and innocent, don't they? WRONG-O, buddy boy. Them there worms are the devil.

My cabbage has HOLES in it!

And it took me a while to figure out exactly what the problem was...I just thought it would stop, or something. I'm not really sure what I thought. I guess my thumb is more yellow than green. I'm getting there!

The dust that I put ALL OVER my broccoli & cabbage to ward off those mother crackin' worms. So far it has worked wonders, but the little punks just moved to leaves where the dust didn't fall. Guess what? They got busted this morning. According to Pike Nurseries, this stuff is organic, and only affects the bad guys (like looper worms). Obviously I'll have to wash my veggies before eating, if there are any to eat, but this stuff is apparenly the best of the best. I'm hoping for a serious worm massacre by the time I get home tonight. Do you know how long it takes to grow broccoli? By my calculations, 2 months. Do you know how long it takes worms to eat said broccoli? By my calculation, 2 hours. Jerks.



1 comment: