Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sunday Night Sobfest

Do ya'll watch Army Wives? It's not often I talk about how much I love a TV show, but Army Wives has me HOOKED. I don't remember when I first started watching it... I guess maybe last summer? There may or may not have been an incident in which I dated a man who was in the army and made him watch episode after episode with me and analyze what was real and what was exaggerated for TV. He really loved that, as evidenced by the fact that we are no longer dating. I didn't really love the fact that he was in the military either - after watching this show, can you blame me?

But I am seriously addicted. And this week's episode? I may have sobbed through the entire thing.



It doesn't help anything that after Army Wives comes this new show called Coming Home, all about deployed soldiers that make surprise returns home to their little kids, or to their son who has had a rockstar senior year of high school playing football, but his dad had to miss it. As he is about to announce where he is going to play college football (Navy), his dad walks in and says, "That's my boy!" His signature words. Killed me.

Thank you, Lifetime, for ensuring that I cry out all my tears on Sunday evening, and also that I don't go to sleep until 11pm.

2 comments:

  1. Army Wives always has me sobbing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Army Wives but can't ever remember to set my darn dvr! I have to turn off Coming Home because I really can't cry that much before bed. I get all congested and the husband would be like wtf is wrong with you?! :-)

    ReplyDelete