Monday, August 2, 2010

No Alcohol August

One of the things on my 101 in 1001 that I can actually check off is to abstain from alcohol for 1 month. I've decided that August 2010 is the month of choice. I'm super busy this month with trips & meetings and other things, so I figured what the heck why not. And I can push back my "end of summer" party to September, no big deal! Maybe I'll do it every August for the next 2 years! Wouldn't that be special?

So anyway, I'm here to proclaim to the world that for the next 30 days I will be consuming zero alcoholic beverages. This will also go hand-in-hand with my goal of doing some form of exercise daily for the next 30 days. It's amazing how these things work, isn't it?

I do have to tell you though - my weekend was phenomenal! The best part was Saturday - $25 for a beer tasting at The Porter Beer Bar in L5P, followed by a 10 minute urban hayride to the PBB farm, and there was a pig roast and organic beer at the farm! We were initially a little skeptical (and really effin' hot) but the day turned into a blast. The company was fantastic, the food was OMG to die for (seriously I couldn't stop eating), and we had an absolute blast! I even got to try pork belly... um delicious!! And it made me think of Jenna. If you haven't been to the PBB, check it out! They have an awesome menu and a huge beer selection. I saw where all their fresh produce comes from - in a large garden (aka the farm) behind the owner's home in Inman Park. Isn't that incredible? They had tomatoes and okra and sunchokes and all kinds of other veggies growing. All the money they raised went directly to GA Organics, and while I am not exactly Miss Organic, I can totally support it! Our day ended with a giant rainstorm in which there were 8 girls huddled in the bed of a truck with some hay in it completely soaked from head to toe, but that just added to how really awesome the day was. I love doing things like that and having them turn out to be completely, unexpectedly AWESOME. Plus, when we walked back into the bar soaking wet, we received a standing ovation from the people eating there.

Anybody have any fun stuff going on this weekend? Any goals for August? I can't wait to hear about them :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment