Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life

Sometimes, life takes over and I feel like I am sitting in the passenger seat and life is driving. Not always - sometimes it's the other way around. And when things are really crazy... I think me & life are both tied up in the trunk with no way out.

Right now, life's driving and I'm along for the ride. This is unusual for me. I like to refer to myself as "in control." Some might interpret that to mean "control freak" or that I have a "my way or the highway" attitude. To-may-to, to-mah-to. But for right now, at this very moment, I'm really content to let life take over for a while. I've spent the last few weeks just going with the flow - letting everything come as it will, and not worry about what doesn't. This has reflected in every aspect of my life - work, relationships, health, hobbies... you name it.

This week I was feeling overwhelmed. Last Friday, as I started looking ahead to my next week, I thought to myself, "I HAVE NO FREE TIME!!" but I didn't do anything about it. I was excited about all of my plans, and I didn't want to cancel, but I guess deep down SOMETHING piped up and said NO! So life took over. Life canceled for me. One friend had a sudden work meeting come up so she had to cancel our dinner plans for tonight. No big deal! I know I'll see her soon. Another had stuff come up with her kids and asked to reschedule. And now all of the sudden, even though I thought I had everything under control, I am breathing a huge sigh of relief that I'm letting life drive. Ordinarily this change in plans would have thrown my whole week off. But right now, this week...I'm so excited to knock a couple of things off my to-do list that I had resigned to the weekend, and really, if I'm being totally honest, I'm excited about this new attitude I've taken on. Life seems to be much more pleasant this way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes, as control-freaky-type-a-my-way-or-the-highway as I am, it's nice to just... let go. To go with the flow, to relax, and to let things happen as they will.

Ommmmmmm.
image courtesy of ournewearth.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment