Monday, August 16, 2010

Craft Project #1

This weekend I had big plans to do a whole lot of nothing, at which I was very successful. I did manage to do a few things, including try 2 new restaurants, attend a Saturday morning seminar, watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (and by watch I mean slept through - I woke up as Snape killed Dumbledore. That jerk!), and completely destroy any chance I had at continuing No-Alcohol-August. It's now become No-Alcohol-August-Except-For-When-I-Feel-Like-It, and even still, I am trying to cut back. Just 1 drink instead of 2 or 3 is better right?! RIGHT?!

I also managed to complete a craft project, which I will now show you with step-by-step instructions. I picked up this tray at an estate sale while I was in Minneapolis, and I got it after seeing this DIY tutorial. As soon as I saw it I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do with it, and for $2, it was totally worth it!














Start out with a brown tray, spray paint until you have a blue tray! Then cut pieces of scrapbook paper to fit each side of your tray, spray some adhesive glue on the tray and on the scrapbook paper, lay it down, smooth it out, and voila! Project complete! Now, find a pretty place to put it (mine's in my bathroom holding my perfumes and some jewelry) and there you have it!


1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! It looks like a breakfast in bed tray :)

    ReplyDelete