For me, though, the hardest part of vacation is coming home to a million things to do. Over time, I have learned a few tricks to make coming home a little bit easier!
1. Make your bed and pick up your room before you go. It sounds silly, but bringing home a mess INTO a mess is just, well... a mess!
2. When packing to come home, put all the dirty clothes together and all the clean clothes together on the other side of the suitcase. That way, you can just grab a pile and dump them into the dirty clothes without having to go through everything individually!
3. Clean your bathroom if you're going to be gone for more than a weekend. Bathrooms are the quickest to get dirty, and if you clean it right before you leave you'll be less likely to have to clean it immediately upon returning home!
4. Pick out an outfit or 2 (or 4...) to wear the week that you return home. You don't necessarily have to even take it out of the closet, but if you've got something in mind, the impending laundry won't seem quite as daunting.
5. Clean out the fridge, take out the trash, and run the dishwasher before you go! It's always more pleasant to eat up fresh veggies versus throwing out nasty moldy ones, and same goes for trying to wash crusty weekend-old dishes!
6. Leave yourself a few things to eat if you aren't going to be gone too long! Broccoli is a perfect example of a veggie that keeps longer than just a weekend, so having it in your refrigerator for Sunday night's dinner just makes the transition smoother.
I hope those help some of you. I know upon arriving home tonight, I was delighted that unpacking took me a grand total of 10 minutes because of all the prep I did before leaving, and it. was. awesome! Anyone else have any good tips?
[picture from roomenvy.wordpress.com]