Thursday, February 21, 2013

How to get results on the tennis court

I love love love playing mixed doubles. It's my favorite type of tennis (compared to singles and women's doubles).

 
I've been playing with one of my buddies (see above) for about 6 weeks now, and he has been KILLING me. Double-faulting 2-3 times every time he served, hitting the ball in the net, whaling the ball across 6 courts... you get the idea.

Our match earlier this week was the final straw. I was just not sure how to motivate him anymore. So I did what any good friend would do: I told him that if he could go just 1 game - not a match, not a set, just 1 single game, without double-faulting, I'd find a girl for him to make out with the next time we went out.

We showed up tonight for our match and I totally forgot about the deal I made. I served first and then it was his turn. I should note that he hasn't won a point on his serve once all season.

And no shit, that guy put every single ball of the first point in, and when we won the point, he walked up to me and said "I did it, woman. You owe me."

Who said sex wasn't motivating?

No comments:

Post a Comment