Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Goodbye Dell, Hello Acer

When I was in college, I had a friend who would always call me to go to lunch on Fridays because she knew that I would likely be hungover, and therefore would try to spend money in order to make myself feel better. It never worked for me, but she always got a free lunch out of it. Good thing I liked her company so much.

Honestly, I don't know when I started associating spending money with feeling better, but some things never change. After a surprisingly crappy kick-off to one of my favorite long weekends of the year, I decided it was time to kick my shopping into high gear.

First stop, new computer. I've been toying with the idea of buying a new computer for a while, and what better time to do it than when I was trying to buy my own happiness? I typically avoid shopping at Wal-Mart, but since there (to my knowledge) aren't any local computer retailers, I felt okay with my Wal-Mart computer purchase. Plus, the price really couldn't be beat.

The only poor review I found was that the computer wasn't so durable, but considering the furthest I move my computer is between my couch and bed, I figured it was a safe bet. I also did not purchase the extended warranty for the same reason.

I've got a few other pending purchases up my sleeve. Now if only I hadn't spent Friday moping, I could have maximized my weekend and taken a short trip to the outlet malls for the ultimate in shopping. I have plenty of open weeknight in my future though. Who knows what will happen?

What's on your "Cheer Me Up" shopping list ?

No comments:

Post a Comment