Sunday, July 31, 2011

Change Your Life Challenge: PUSHUPS. (not the Flintstone variety)


Who: Me. And my upper body strength.

What: Do 10 push-ups a day for 30 days.

When: Starting August 1, 2011 through August 31, 2011.
Why: Because I have flabby arms, and really, how many of you can do 10 push-ups without considerable effort right now?
How: Unclear. I'm just going to make sure I do 10 push-ups every day. I'd like to say it will be first thing in the morning but...I'll be honest, it will probably be randomly around 3pm in the bathroom at work or something equally ridiculous. Plus, I really hate push-ups so maybe when I'm going nuts at my desk they will sound appealing. You can choose the time when you do them.


I'm trying to decide if I should measure my arms now, on the 15th, and on the 31st. I will tell you how long it takes me on the first day to do 10 pushups, and how long it takes me on the last day. Anybody want to join me on this stupid little challenge? Let's kick it. Or...push it?

How about let's pump it?


5 comments:

  1. Love this! I'd suggest not measuring your arms, because if you do lots of pushups then your arms may not lose circumference since they'll be gaining muscle. Maybe just take a pic of them from the side and then a pic after 30 days and see if you can notice more definition?

    I'm with you--if I can remember to do it every day, I'm in! ha.

    Pushups are hard. The 30 Day Shred helped me a lot with them. When I started it, I could only do 8 consecutive pushups (the real kind) before I had to take a break or go to my knees. By the end of the 30 days, I could do 12. I will try tomorrow and see how many I can do. I like them, but they're hard!

    Another good arm tip (not that I don't have flabby arms myself!) that I learned from the ever annoying Jillian Michaels: do punches (in squat position) with hand weights. It's hard, but I did notice a lot more muscle definition after I started doing them. I use a 5 lb weight in each hand.

    Go Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! Got to get these armed into toned, wedding dress worthy shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this going to be an average of 10/day over the 30 days? I got 20 in yesterday so that means I can take today off right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd join you but I'm not sure I would remember to do them while on vacation :-/

    ReplyDelete