Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Big plans for October

Remember when I did the Lenten Adventure? I've been missing it a little bit. I've been missing structure, some sense of boundaries, rules, something to keep me in line. I thrive on routine, on the comfort of knowing what is coming next. And sometimes I let that all fall by the wayside just for funsies, and I have to rein myself back in. So, I'm re-adopting a few (just a few...) of the things I added or gave up earlier this year as part-challenge, part-being true to myself. It just needs to be.
 
1. Cheese - it's got to go.
2. Daily exercise - it's got to happen, broken foot be damned.
3. Church on Sundays - no brainer.
4. Snoozing the alarm clock - case and point, I should be at work right now and instead I'm working on my couch...
5. Making my bed daily - such an easy, satisfying chore.

 
We each have different coping mechanisms to deal with life, and creating rules for myself to live by is one of mine. Whatever works, I say, and I know this works for me. I haven't decided if I'm just going to do this for October or for the rest of 2013, but I'll report back.
 
What's the last thing you did in your own best interest? I also took myself home on Friday night rather than going out to another party and I call that a success by every count imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment