Monday, August 5, 2013

8 Ways to Make August Amazing

1. Load up on fresh summer fruits & veggies. I'm talking strawberries, sweet corn, snap peas, string beans, blueberries, cherries, kale (ew.), bell peppers, the whole kit and kaboodle. I'm going to try and incorporate fresh fruit or vegetables into each meal!




2. In keeping with the healthy & fresh theme (and trying to maintain my zen from Anamaya), practice yoga at least once a week. I wasn't really a yogi before, but I've really been missing it since I've been home. Time to find a studio. Any recommendations?



3. Make a list and check things off of it. I've felt kind of scatter-brained all summer as I dart from one place to the next. I've been consistently neglecting my to-do list, which just means nothing really gets done.  I'm also going to keep it in one place - my trusty, full-page notebook.

4. Lenten-adventure throw-back: I'm going to make my bed every day! I've gotten completely out of the habit, and it just annoys me every time I come home.

5. Be patient with myself. School is starting, my best friend is getting married (!!!), I'm traveling for work, and all of that has a tendency to turn me into a panicked ball of stress that books last minute trips out of the country. And I don't have that luxury this time, so I've gotta just be patient and give myself time. Everything will get done (and up to snuff), I just gotta trust myself!

6. Keep blogging! See #5, all of that also equaled no blogging. I'll do better! Writing is an excellent outlet for me, so even if it's just bulleted journal-type entries, it's in my best interest to keep it up.

7. Eat less cheese & dairy. In Costa Rica we were pretty much dairy free for 7 days, and coming back I've been a cheese-a-holic. I need to rein it in, that much cheese isn't good for anyone, and surprisingly I've noticed a difference.

8. Say yes whenever I can. This month is going to be nuts, but in a good, exciting, fun way, and I don't want to miss a single minute. It's already off to a great start, I enjoyed a frosty cold one at Sweetwater on Friday after work and hit up a Sunday afternoon end-of-season tennis party.



What are your plans to make August awesome?

1 2

1 comment:

  1. Yes to YOU. Glad to see your blog post. I have been trying to eat more fresh produce, I LOVE IT. Can't help it.

    ReplyDelete