Monday, January 28, 2013

Goin' to the chapel

For some people it's 24, for others it's 29, but apparently for me it's going to be 27.

That is, the year that it seems like every single person I know gets engaged and/or married. It's awesome and exciting and I love every minute of it.

One of my best girls from college got engaged last summer and is marrying her one true love in March, so we skipped town last weekend for her bachelorette party in Asheville, NC. The whole thing turned out to be fabulous, but really what I want to tell you about are the lingerie shower favors. 

First of all, when trying to figure out what type of favor I wanted everyone to have, I took to the internet and found my inspiration. These were the PERFECT favors.

A quick trip to Walmart and I had some cheap, pink wine, lingerie washing bags, and gift bags. Perfect! The process for making the wine bottle corsets was relatively time-consuming but certainly manageable. I just took black cardstock, punched identical holes along each side, and then laced the ribbon. It took me a couple of bottles before figuring out the best way to lace the ribbons, but ultimately I sat on the floor indian-style and held the 2 sides of the paper together with one hand and laced with the other. It worked for me, but I'm sure everyone will have their preferred strategy. Working with 1 hand also left me more able to make sure my ribbon was perfect since it wasn't just plain ribbon.

IMG_3704IMG_3706
The girls LOVED the wine bottles and I have to admit, I was pretty stinkin' proud of them, too. To my other engaged friends... these might be making a reappearance. Sorry, but a good idea is a good idea no matter how many times it's executed!

Have you been to many bridal or baby showers? Any great favors or games? I have a feeling there will be a few more of these in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Those wine bottle corsets are SUPER cute! I have been to a million weddings, have been a bridesmaid 6 times, etc. Sounds like you have lots of cute dresses to buy for all your friends' weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete