Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Week To Me

It is no secret that I love birthdays. More specifically, I love my own birthday, but I really love to celebrate my friends birthdays as well.

Possibly my most significant birthday yet is less than 1 week away.

24th birthday homemade ice cream cake

Last year was a pretty epic celebration. I had all of my closest friends at my house for dinner and drinks and then we headed out to a bar for continued celebrations. I got taken out for birthday brunch the next day and just felt nothing but love. I think that's why I like birthdays so much - it's kind of like Valentine's Day to me. It's a day when you get to go above and beyond.

It's hard to believe I am going to be 25. I think about the time that has passed since I graduated college. It's been an unbelievable 2.5 years. If you would have told me that I would have a job that I am obsessed with, I would have agreed and totally believed you. If you would have told me that I would still be single, I might have died a little bit inside. I'm still amazed by the things I have experienced in my 25 years, and by the things I have been so fortunate to not have experienced. I am beyond blessed, and I give thanks for those blessings every day.

I have every intention of celebrating myself in a major way this week by way of tennis practice, taking pictures of my mom's art (I'll be sure to share the details - we're going to set her up on Etsy, too!), shockingly sharing part of my birthday week with one of my best (and stinkiest) friends, hitting up Sinless Summer Nights at East Andrews, a fun dinner with a great mix of friends, and celebrating another friends next steps in becoming Dr. Kathryn. As I wrote that I realized I'm sharing a lot this week. Top notch friend, that's me! :)


Birthdays are the bomb, and I can't WAIT for the celebrations to begin.

2 comments:

  1. Birthday weeks are the best!

    The 20's are so full of changes. I am in a completely different place (literally, figuratively) than I was when I was 25! You have so much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week! And I agree with Stacy, you have SO much to look forward to. My life is a hundred times better now than it was when I turned 25, and shoot...you already have the great job so you're part way there ;)

    ReplyDelete