Friday, May 21, 2010

Woof Woof!

The Dixie Chicks just came on my Pandora station (Sugarland radio!) and it reminded me of some fantastic news I heard the other day!

Two Dixie Chicks, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, have joined together to form new country music group Court Yard Hounds! I got a chance to download the album, and I haven't listened to it yet but I wanted to let ya'll know it's available. As far as I can tell, the Chicks are still a group, and this is just a side project these two wanted to do while waiting for their 3rd partner in crime to prepare for recording a new album.

I know I was a huge Dixie Chicks fan back in the day (my 5th grade imagination got a little carried away with Goodbye, Earl!) and I am so so excited to sit down and give the new album a good listen. Maybe I'll burn it onto a CD and throw it in the car for those mornings when the radio shows do nothing but talk, talk, talk. Does that bug anyone else? I listen to the radio for music, not Miley Cyrus droning on and on about how there are aliens in her backyard.

Yes, that is what I heard on the radio this morning. I promptly changed it to a station playing REO Speedwagon.

That's all. Enjoy your weekends. I'm planning on making mine the best weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment