Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Training" Update #1

I've officially started 'training' for these triathlons I'm registered for. My goal is to log time on the bike, in the pool, and on the treadmill (or outside) each week, although pool has to wait until I find a pool to join! My new favorite way to work out is to combine Couch to 5k and these cross training ideas.

 
1. I did this one after just a straight Couch to 5k sesh. After the arm workout, I rode the bike for about 15 minutes.
2. O.M.G. I loved this treadmill workout. When I do this workout again, I'll repeat both parts.
 3. This was hard. Real hard. I did another day of Couch to 5k and then finished off the workout with the 4-3-2-1 and let's just say I'd be surprised if I was able to do 1/2 of the expected work. But man, did it feel good!
 
I've been mixing up morning versus afternoon, cardio first versus other stuff first, just to figure out my preferred, and it's been interesting. I've realized that I love working out in the morning, but I get so hot and it takes me forever to cool down. I also am learning that just running or walking isn't enough and doesn't leave me feeling like I got in a good workout. That's why I'm trying to add in these other elements - does that count as cross-training? I also know tennis is starting back up (I'm on 2 teams this summer, yippee!) so that will give me a pretty good mix of exercise. I just love tennis!
 
Anyway, this is where I am for now. I'll try to update regularly on my workouts and how training for the races is going. Everyone I've spoken to has been really supportive and excited, I'm a lucky lady!
 
PS - images above were random google finds or pins on Pinterest. I don't have original sources, but they most assuredly aren't mine :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you--so dedicated! I am proud of myself if I go for a 25 minute run. :)

    ReplyDelete