Monday, February 13, 2012

Party Eats

It's no secret - I love to host a party.

New Years Eve 2011

New Years Eve 2010

Jersey Shore 2010

Engagement Brunch 2010

Tacky Sweaters Christmas Party 2010

Game Night 2010

You get the idea.


I also love to prep food for parties. I'd probably guess that I already have 9 out of 10 ingredients on hand. I tried some new recipses for a Super Bowl Party with a few friends, and thought I'd share them (and what I thought of them) with you.

 Rating: 4 out of 5
Tips: I did everything except bake in the oven the night before and stored them in the fridge overnight.
2. Closet Cooking Hot Corn Dip (found via Pinterest)
Rating: 4 out of 5
Tips: I used frozen corn and a frozen green pepper, red pepper, onion mix. I subbed greek yogurt for the mayonaise and didn't include any jalapeno, so I just added a whole lot more cayenne.

3. AllRecipes Spinach Artichoke Dip
Rating: 5 out of 5
Tips: This is totally not the first time I have made this recipe but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the addition of alfredo sauce. I also like to add a package of no-fat cream cheese. So creamy, so delicious.

4. MY guacamole
Recipe: 3 avocados, 2 pits
juice of 2 limes
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 large onion (yellow or red) finely chopped
Red pepper flakes if I'm feeling feisty
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Tips: Get the avocado all nice and creamy, dice up the onion into tiny little chunks and enjoy. I LOATHE tomatoes, so you won't find any of that around here.

5. Chili's Knockoff Skillet Queso (courtesy of Pinterest)
Rating: 4 out of 5
Tips: I didn't even end up cooking this!! Way too much food and not enough peopl.e.

So there you have it. Those are some of my delicious recipes. Do you have any that you would absolutely add to the list? Normally I would have buffalo chicken dip, but I felt like that plus the wings would have been a little overkill. I also had a couple of other things out that I just didn't make myself so didn't feel like sharing.  

1 comment:

  1. Were those my wings? I wasn't 100% sure b/c the link didn't work. How'd you like them? The rating just says "out of 5" so I wasn't sure! haha - I hope they worked for you! I loved them.

    ReplyDelete