Thursday, March 18, 2010

NCAA March Madness

I am competitive with every fiber of my being. I can't stand losing, and if (read: when) I do lose, I make sure there is a damn good reason, even if there's not. So, when I was invited to participate in a couple of basketball bracket things (what are they called?!), I said, "YES!! BECAUSE I LOVE HEALTHY COMPETITION AND BEATING ALL MY FRIENDS AT SPORTS KNOWLEDGE AND PREDICTING THE FUTURE." Really I just said "Yes!" though.

In case you were wondering, here are my picks. I picked pretty much the same across all my groups because my reasons for choosing who I chose were just so logical, I couldn't argue with myself. You may be wondering what those reasons were. I'll explain the top 10.

1. I chose Notre Dame because it was my dream school for as long as I can remember. I love the Fighting Irish.
2. I chose Georgia Tech because well, duh.
3. I chose Kansas because Dan the Valentime attends Kansas.
4. I chose Florida because Dan the Valentime attends Kansas and therefore I felt guilty choosing Kansas State, and also because sometimes I like the underdog (in the FL/Pittsburgh game that will happen because I said so).
5. I chose Vanderbilt because I used to know someone with the last name Butler and I didn't like them. Not be confused with the Butlers I do like, which I just now thought of... too late.
6. I chose Clemson because they are in the ACC and I like it when the ACC does well.
7. I chose New Mexico because my bossy, annoying colleague who is also my favorite went to New Mexico, and he is a freak so I just assumed all New Mexicans can do anything.
8. I chose Duke because "Duke is Puke" makes me laugh. Plus they are really good.
9. I picked Minnesota because DUH THATS WHERE IM FROM DONTCHA KNOW!
10. I made no logical picks and chose from my heart, which is how I know I'm going to win.

Good luck to the rest of you! Or, if you're in my group of challengers...fight 'til the death!

No comments:

Post a Comment