Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Christmas... in March

Ever since my parents have re-located to Florida, my sister & I have made it our personal mission to never spend a Christmas in Florida. Somehow, for the last 4 years, we have managed to accomplish this. 2006&2007 were spent in Atlanta, 2008 was spent on a cruise ship, and 2009 was spent in 24" of snow in Minnesota. Needless to say, Mission: Spend Christmas Not In Florida 2010 has commenced. So where would you go at Christmas, if the world was your oyster?

I've been informed that we are going on a 6day/7night Western Caribbean cruise. Bear with me while I complain about my first-world problems: I've already been there. I've done that cruise before. Over Christmas. In 2003. And sorry, but there are far more interesting places I can think of spending my Christmas than Cozumel, Mexico and Grand Cayman. I want to see more of South America. I want go to back to Colombia and Panama and really explore. I have a feeling this Christmas vacation isn't really up to me at all, but if it were, that's what I would choose. Or a ski trip in Colorado. Or maybe, just a nice, leisurely Christmas spent in Florida with the people I love most in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment