Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Dinner That Made Me Think I Died and Went to Heaven

I have been miserable sick for the last 4 days, as in not eating, sleeping more than I ever have, and sharp shooting pains through my abdomen sick. I have been in and out of doctor's offices and had too many blood samples taken. YUCK.

But, today, I sucked it up, went for my (hopefully) last doctor's appointment, and went back to work. I also decided I was going to eat whatever the heck I wanted because DAMNIT I'M HUNGRY!!!

So I decided on a hamburger. After starving for 4 days, I figured I could use the calories. Doesn't a hamburger just scream filling, satisfying, and utterly awesome?

I stopped at the grocery store, picked up some cheese, ground beef, and (accidentally) some cabbage. I left the cabbage out, I clearly meant to get a head of lettuce. Oh well, it was better without the lettuce anyway - who needs nutrients?!

I got home, put the 1 lb of ground beef in a bowl, added 1/3 of a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, 2 tbsp. of Worcestshire sauce, and mixed. Then I divided into 1/4ths, smushed into hamburger likeness, and put 2 on the stove to cook. I let them cook on medium low for about 6 minutes on each side, plus an extra 2 after (sickness = not taking any chances with raw meat). I also mixed a DELICIOUS sauce: equal parts ranch, honey mustard, and BBQ sauce.

I toasted some Pepperidge Farms Sourdough bread, put a piece of provolone cheese on top of 1 of the burgers, lathered the sauce on one of the pieces of bread, and inhaled.

And dear God, was it good. If I was a food blogger, I wouldn't have been able to pause long enough to take pictures because I couldn't. stop. eating. I refuse to chalk this up to my starvation and instead give you the most delicious cheeseburger ever. YUM.
Best Hamburger EVER:
1 lb ground beef
1/3 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 tbsp Worcestshire
Divide in fourths, making each fourth into a small hamburger shaped patty. Cook on stove on medium low for approximately 6 minutes on each side. While cooking, mix equal parts ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, and honey mustard. Set cooked hamburgers on paper towels to de-grease. Toast bread/bun. Put cheese on toasted bread, put burger on top, slather sauce on other side of bread, devour. The end.

1 comment:

  1. whoa, sounds like a delicious heart attack! haha which I had me one of those right now as I have been sick as well. but hopefully you are feeling better?! Wish you well! :)

    ReplyDelete