Friday, March 21, 2014

Rock 'n Roll Dallas - it's time!

I am 4 days away from race day. It's hard to believe that 12 weeks have passed since I agreed to do this. Since I pushed myself to do this. 

Am I ready? I think so. I give myself a C in the training department. I ran consistently, more consistently than I ever have. I did a couple 5 mile and 6 mile runs, and I felt great. I also did a couple runs where I felt awful, and I forced myself to stay miserable for a little longer than comfortable. I'm pleased with all of those things. I'm less pleased with not having run further than 6 miles. I didn't do as much (..any) cross training as I would have liked. 


So, wish me luck in Dallas this weekend, as I will need it. I'll be back Monday with a recap and hopefully a whole bunch of awesome pictures. I'm just hoping they don't have to carry me across the finish line (or at any other part of the race). 

PS - my goal is to finish in under 3:00. Do you think it's possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment