Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Kimpton Hotels Epic Miami was EPIC!

Ya'll know how much I love to travel. It's rare that I find hotels that 'wow!' me. I've kind of seen and done it all. Even staying at the Waldorf Astoria in London wasn't nearly as exciting for me as it might have been for someone else. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, but the shock and awe factor of lovely hotels has certainly diminished over time. 

But then I went to Miami and stayed at the Epic, which is a Kimpton Hotel. Typically when I go to Miami I stay in South Beach at The Mondrian, but I decided to stay downtown this trip and holy cow - I may never stay anywhere else in Miami. The hotel was incredible!


I checked in at about 6pm, and as I was checking in, they were hosting a complimentary happy hour in the lobby, which happens every single day! The lovely receptionist asked what kind of wine I would like and brought the glass over to me, which I promptly carried upstairs and used in this mini photo shoot!


The room reminded me of a typical room at any W Hotel. 2 cozy queen beds, a desk, a little reading nook, and a bathroom with a window between. Not my favorite feature, not entirely clear to me why it's there, but a seeming trend in trendy hotels these days.  

 


If you look closely in one of the pictures above, you can just make out a little sign on the side of the sink. This sign was a page-long list of all the complimentary toiletry items that were available to guests. That list doesn't even include a razor, which they brought to me. In fact, they brought me 4, and the nice man didn't even wait around long enough for me to try and tip him! Also, the shampoo, conditioner, and soap provided were top notch. I'm using them in my shower at home now, I liked them so much!
 

The view was incredible, and this was a city view! I would love to see what the ocean view rooms look like!

I also spent time in the hotel bar & restaurant, which I found to be fine. I quite enjoy hotel bars even at home, as I find them to be a fun way to spend a Friday night with friends, and this one didn't disappoint. The bartenders were playful and happy to be there, the service was great, the food was as expected, and the prices were insanely high, but it's Miami, so whatever. 


I highly recommend the Epic hotel - I know I'll be staying there next time I am in town. Do you have a favorite hotel chain? I'm typically loyal to SPG, and my BFF is a HiltonHonors girl, so we rarely deviate from those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment