Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lenten Adventure 2014

This year's Lenten Adventure has arrived. The rules are the same. Give up one thing every day, adding on as it goes. By the end of Lent, I'll have given up or added 40 things to my daily or weekly or personal routine. Here's what made the cut this year:
 
Give Up
Facebook, Cheese, Dessert, Leaving dishes in the sink, Snooze, Lunch out, Wine, Curse words, Close parking spaces, Using a cell phone when waiting, Beer, Coffee, Soda, Complaining, Candy, Unnecessary purchases, Meat, Fried Food, Checking email outside of work (this is necessary but not to the extent that I'm currently doing it), Tinder, Secular Music, Lying, Using the stairs if less than 5 flights, Hot showers (except for 1/2 marathon day), TV, Twitter, "Friday clothes" when it's not Friday, Gossip, Procrastinating
 
Adding in
A daily walk, Extra focus on school, Tell someone I love you every day, Drink a fresh juice every day, Go to church on Sunday (and read the readings &/or Gospel before going), Write down 3 things I'm grateful for each day, Send a thank you note to someone every day (or say it out loud), Have an impromptu dance party as often as I want, Volunteer at Project Open Hand once a week, Brush & floss every night, do 10 crunches and 10 pushups every morning
 
As you can see, there are some repeats and some new ones. I used a few websites to garner inspiration. Here, here, and here. I don't even know if my inspiration Mindee is doing the project again this year. I hope so! But either way, it was definitely eye-opening and life-changing for me. Are any of you joining me in 2014?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment