Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Tunes

I was listening to the radio last night on my way home from seeing Bridesmaids and I heard a song that I loved. It sounded really familiar. When it was over, the radio DJ annouced that it was Gloriana's new single, Wanna Take You Home.



I love it! This morning I got to work and promptly turned on my iPod. Typically I just turn on a playlist and let it run for the day, but today I carefully selected an Artist to listen to: Gloriana.

The band holds a special place in my heart. The spring after I graduated from college, their first single kind of became a theme song of sorts for my 4 best friends and I. We listened to it on repeat during roadtrips, on our way out to the bar, while we were getting ready for graduation, and so many other times. And by repeat, I mean 100+ times in a row. Seriously.

Some mornings I wake up to an email from one of those girls with the song lyrics and a simple "miss you, love you" and it warms my heart. No other words - just song lyrics. It kind of reminds me of that movie "Raising Helen" where the oldest sister gets so mad when the sister who passes away leaves Helen a note and all it has is song lyrics. That's how I feel about Wild at Heart - I just get it, and if any of my friends send me an email with just lyrics, I know exactly what they are trying to say.

To say that song brings me back to a place in time is a huge understatement.



I've been listening to their album on repeat all day (why I haven't done this before, I'm not sure) but I love it! All the songs are great, catchy, the singing is phenomenal...I highly recommend! And I hope you all enjoyed my little walk down memory lane.

1 comment:

  1. I like Gloriana...to be honest I don't understand why they haven't "made it" as big as Lady A or Sugarland or Little Big Town etc.

    ReplyDelete