Friday, September 26, 2014

A different kind of #100happydays, #100kinddays

I've been a shitty friend lately. It's been lingering in the back of my mind but not too long ago, I confronted myself and decided to do something about it.



As I was pondering writing a whole post about the crappy things I've done and the unfortunate things I've said, I stumbled across a post written by an old college friend, Matt.

I read Matt's blog whenever he posts the link on Facebook, and every time I read it, his words strike a chord with me. This time was no different. His most recent post reminded me that I have the power to change the behaviors in me that I don't like. I have the power to be the person I want to be, I just have to choose to do so. We choose our adventures and the people we become, and sometimes you choose wrong.

As of this week, there are ~100 days left in 2014, and on each remaining day, I've committed to doing or saying something kind to someone different. This project is in part my apology to the world, and in part a journey to go back to the person I want to be, a reminder that being a kind, thoughtful, generous person is who I am. I'm jumping in, eyes wide open, and I know I'll be a better person for doing so.


If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? 

If you could make good on something you've neglected over the past year, what would you do? 

If you could dramatically increase the progress of a project, why not do it now?

If you want to join in, let Matt know here. The more the merrier, and in fact the better.



1 2

No comments:

Post a Comment