Monday, April 2, 2012

What I've Been Doing

Things I have been doing:
  • Running 2 5k's and signing up for 2 more.
  • Planning a trip to Australia (hopefully Sydney, Cairns, Melbourne, and maybe Tasmania?)
  • Working pretty much all the time
  • Traveling - Miami, Dallas, Miami, Washington DC, Miami
  • Getting almost-but-not-quite stood up by possibly the sketchiest man I've ever met (and that's saying a lot, I know some sketchballs)
  • Obsessing over friendships and what it means to be a friend and the kind of friend I want to be and the kind of friends I want to have
  • Playing tennis 3-4 times a week. Singles, doubles, ALTA, Ultimate Tennis. You name it, I play it. Sometimes I even win.
  • Celebrating the triumphant completion of my parents lakehouse
  • Planning birthday parties and dinners out and pub crawls
  • Spending entire weekends laid out on my couch alternating between reading books and watching terrible Lifetime movies and whining to EV about my lacking social life
  • Attending weddings and baby showers and worrying about the next funeral I'll attend
  • Getting paid monthly instead of bi-weekly. The 27th of the month is now my least favorite day, but it's followed by the 28th of the month, my new favorite day.
Things I haven't been doing
  • Keeping up with acupuncture
  • Eating salads for every meal
  • Getting the check engine light on my car... checked
  • Unloading the dishwasher (it's my most hated chore, and the #1 reason I hate when EV travels)
  • Wearing a jacket. Winter 2012 was nonexistent.
  • Falling in love with the right person
  • Letting my fears hold me back
  • Obsessing over money and budgets
  • Superfluous spending. Define superfluous...!
Net-net, life is muy bueno 'round these parts. How's life with each and every one of you? Please share - I'm dying to know.

PS - Sorry I have no pictures to share. Consider that one of my new 2012 goals: take more pictures using DSLR! I bought the damn thing, I need to start using it again.

2 comments:

  1. when are you planning on going to Australia? we've already got a trip planned for early next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE let me know the next time you are in DC! I would love to meet up. I was so jealous of Ashley!

    ReplyDelete