Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I'm Alive! I'm Alive! I'm Alive!

Well, well, well. I'm alive! I'm exhausted! But I'm here. So many things to share my thoughts on and my opinions on, and I promise they are coming.


School quite literally kicked my asana this semester. If you decide to get an MBA, don't ever let anyone trick you into thinking it's going to be a piece of cake. Especially if you are also working full-time. I don't know who told me that or why I believed them, but let me just tell you something. School is not for the faint of heart. But, here I am, one final presentation away from being 25% done with an MBA, so I can safely say it's do-able.

And when you try to combine school with a whole bunch of work and work travel, life just gets all sorts of tricky. I was in Miami, Dallas twice, Augusta, and Chicago within 3.5 weeks and let me just fill you in... spending that much time in airports and on airplanes guarantees misery and illness.

The good news is after the last trip, I was met by a sweet guy (here on out referred to as MJ) at the airport and had flowers waiting for me at home. Seeing that smiling face after an exhausting 2 days and a flight with backed up sinuses about put me to tears, but I managed to hold it together for the sake of pretending like I'm not a crazy person! He'll have plenty of time to figure that out...



In between school and work and traveling, I've celebrated weddings and MBA proms and my own birth and the birth of friends. I've cheered on the Braves, spent quiet weekends at home, studied until I couldn't think and partied until I couldn't see. I've made new friends, re-connected with old friends, and feel like I am really and truly living life intentionally.


So with that, I leave you for not long... stay tuned!

PS - how are you, friends?!


No comments:

Post a Comment